I am working with someone taking an important exam in a few days. I know some peers gave points for memory and recollection

forum post

I am working with someone taking an important exam in a few days. I know some peers gave points for memory and recollection

Published on 03-14-2016

"anon89162" - this is their first post.

I know points spleen 2 & 3, possibly Ren 9, bladder 57 may have been used. Are there any other points that would be good for memory retention and recall? This client is a healthy male age 23. Brain point on ear for press tack.
Appreciate any ideas you may have.

Thank you.

Kalyani

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: ex sishencong, gb 13

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2016

First, “healthy” is a very relative term largely meaningless in a Chinese Medicine discussion - every patient has a diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms - so largely you treat (or at least respect) that.

In a short period of time I would be more likely to try to use sishencong and GB 13 bilaterally. Memory is aided by not being in fight or flight. So you generally want to relax the person not necessarily tonify them. We use GB 13 to bring more focus to the frontal lobe which can calm the person and raise their conscious abilities. Sishencong can be used much the same way.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon89162"
on Mar 2016

Dear Chad,
Yes, I am aware of the various etiologic work ups and just meant that this was not a necessarily “ill” type person, undergoing concurrent care for a known factor. It has been a long time since this learning mode was utilized and so I tried to recollect what was given. I already have taken steps to help the patient relax, and also will show his some yogic breathing techniques.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Kalyani

··· On Monday, March 14, 2016 3:41 PM, Chad J. Dupuis wrote:

|
| | Chad_Dupuis
March 14 |

|
| First, “healthy” is a very relative term largely meaningless in a Chinese Medicine discussion - every patient has a diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms - so largely you treat (or at least respect) that.In a short period of time I would be more likely to try to use sishencong and GB 13 bilaterally. Memory is aided by not being in fight or flight. So you generally want to relax the person not necessarily tonify them. We use GB 13 to bring more focus to the frontal lobe which can calm the person and raise their conscious abilities. Sishencong can be used much the same way. |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon89162"
on Mar 2016

Dear Chad,
Yes, I am aware of the various etiologic work ups and just meant that this was not a necessarily “ill” type person, undergoing concurrent care for a known factor. It has been a long time since this learning mode was utilized and so I tried to recollect what was given. I already have taken steps to help the patient relax, and also will show his some yogic breathing techniques.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Kalyani

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics