Multiple Myeloma

forum post

Multiple Myeloma

Published on 03-01-2020

"anon95679" - this is their first post.

My son was recently diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. While he is proceeding with the doctor’s precribed procedure. I would appreciate any information on specially what Eastern Medincine drugs, herbs, etc I can give him in addition to his conventional western treatment.?
Thank you
Steve

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2020

First, with something this serious/complex you would only want to use any aspect of Chinese Medicine under the direct consultation with a licensed practitioner who is very familiar with your son (i.e. under his direct care). The reasons for this are largely spelled out in “Treating the cause vs. the symptoms” and “how to choose a formula”.

That said, there are many potential treatments both within the realm of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. I wrote a relevant blog post not too long ago " Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)". While the approach described in that article may very well not be appropriate for your son, it offers a rare long term glimpse into potential outcomes.

I would strongly recommend you find a fully licensed acupuncturist in your area who also practices Chinese herbal medicine and combine that direct care within your western care.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics