NAET for Allergies/Intolerances/Sensitivities Treatment

forum post

NAET for Allergies/Intolerances/Sensitivities Treatment

Published on 06-22-2019

"anon222955" - this is their first post.

Hi Community,

Hope you are doing well. I have a question: What do you guys think about NAET treatment to desensitize allergies/intolerances/sensitivities? I heard many mixed opinions on the treatment, so would like to gauge this active community here.

Thanks for your time and help on this.

K

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2019

Personally, I don’t use NAET, but not because I have an opinion one way or the other. My clinics are located in some of the most serious allergy areas in the US and between properly tailored acupuncture, herbal medicine and dietary change we have very strong resolution in most cases to these issues. Accordingly, I’ve never felt like looking any deeper into another technique which might not yield as good of a set of results. That said, I’m open to hearing from others who have more experience with it.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon222955"
on Jun 2019

Thanks for the response, Chad. Can acupuncture be used for food allergies/intolerances?

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jun 2019

For the most part, yes, they are no different in the fundamental underlying conditions than any other allergy. Acupuncture generally seems to modulate the inflammatory responses that are behind the allergic “response” so in ways it doesn’t matter the cause. That said, some of the more serious, say peanut, shellfish, etc. are a little different in some mechanisms and often in the intensity of the response and these have had mixed reports in clinical studies from acupuncture as far as complete resolution. Due to the often more severe incidences of anaphylaxis in some of these cases you would still likely require vigilant avoidance and western medication certainly for emergencies.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics