Pilonidal syst treatment

forum post

Pilonidal syst treatment

Published on 07-18-2017

"anon49399" - this is their first post.

My son has muscular dystrophy and he has a Pilonidal cyst would yunnan balyao would that be a good way to stop it from growing and heal it. Or any suggestions that would stop this cyst.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
on Jul 2017

Yunnan Baiyao is primarily used to stop bleeding - I doubt it would do much for the cyst. As for treatment for pilonidal cysts that has been addressed in this earlier post.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jul 2017

I would suggest, if you are haven’t already, that you take your son to an acupuncturist who also practices Chinese herbal medicine in your area. This is for two reasons. First, it will be easier for a practitioner who can see your son in person to make proper recommendations. Generally speaking you approach treatment in Chinese Medicine via a Chinese Medicine diagnosis - not a symptom (see “treating the cause and not the symptoms” for more on that). Cysts are often (but not exclusively) a collection of what we would call damp-heat in Chinese Medicine. So formulas from the “clear damp-heat” category or from the “clear heat and relieve toxicity” may be appropriate.

The other reason to see a practitioner is that there is often much that can be accomplished with muscular dystrophy. There is a previous reply of mine that might be of general interest in relation to muscular dystrophy. While limited, a relevant study is described here.

To answer your question directly, as @stephen pointed out - yunnan baiyao is most commonly used as bleeding. But it does have fairly strong wound healing benefits and is quite helpful for avoiding infections. So it may have it’s place topically. An article describing yunnan baiyao and wound healing may be of interest.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon49399"
on Jul 2017

Just wanted to thank you for your assists with this. My son has been in a wheel chair for 11 years and have not straightened his legs since then. He weights 180 to 200 pounds and does not move that well. So if you know someone that can accommodate him

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon49399"
on Jul 2017

Thank you for your assistants my son has been in the wheelchair for 11 year and has not straightened his legs since then. If you know someone in the Houston Texas area that could help and accommodate Sam's disability i would appreciate it.
Thank you again.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics