Slow down heart rate

forum post

Slow down heart rate

Published on 01-28-2011

"gfh" - this is their first post.

Does anybody know how to slow down a racing heart with acupuncture or other alternative methods?

I was diagnosed with LGL in 2003 and sometime my heart start beating over 160 pr. min.

Lown–Ganong–Levine syndrome (LGL) is a syndrome of pre-excitation of the ventricles due to an accessory pathway providing an abnormal electrical communication from the atria to the ventricles. It is grouped with Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome as an atrioventricular re-entry
tachycardia (AVRT).

I would be grateful if somebody could healp me with some techniques how to slow down the heart rate to normal level.

Geir Fredrik Hauge

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "archived-user"
on Jan 2011

There several patterns for "Xin Ji", for example: Heart Yin(blood) def. or Heart Yang def., or Yin def. fire up or waterly heart or phlegm fire stagnation. you need detail diagnosis. But for acupuncture, the basic points is : Pc5, Pc4, Ht 7, Ub17, Ren14. Ear points: Jiao gan, Shen men, Ht, Sp, Lv, Gb, Kd.

top Login/Comment

comment by "gfh"
on Jan 2011

Thanks for your reply.

I will try these acupuncture methods and see if it will help.

Gfh

top Login/Comment

comment by "sriendeau"
on Feb 2011

I&#39ve had good success with needling in the Autonomic point (Terry Olsen- Auricular Therapy) during treatments.

Lopcation: anterior "end" (end closest to face) of spine of inferior crus, hidden under the flap of the helix. It is usually tender when probed.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon71867"
on Feb 2011

Gall Bladder is active from 11 PM to 1 AM, opposite the time for Heart. which is at noon (11 AM to 1 PM). Sometimes working with the polarities can help bring balance. You can work the neurolymphatics for liver/gall bladder, under the right rib cage, and make sure source points for gall baldder and heart are open. Because gall bladder takes many sharp bends and is the longest acupuncture meridian, I would check to be sure energy is flowing at each of these junctures. No promises, but I&#39ve seen working with gall bladder help correct an irregular heart beat. Good luck!

top Login/Comment

comment by "gfh"
on Feb 2011

Thanks for the comment, I&#39m not familiar with the acupuncture phrases and terms so could you please explain me what to do in a plain language. Your comment is interesting cause I have a gallbladder problem (gallstones which I manage to flush out only 3 large up to 2 mm pigment stones remains) so there must me some connection with my gallbladder desease and my racing heart.

You are saying working with the polarities can help bring balance. How to make sure source points for gall baldder and heart are open.

Is there a simple and easy way to do this for a beginner like me.

All information related to this topic are most welcome

Geir Fredrik Hauge

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon71867"
on Feb 2011

"Work the neurolymphatics for liver/gall bladder, under the right rib cage" means simply to massage that area. I would recommend massaging both right and left sides under the ribs, as the right corresponds to liver/gall bladder and the left to spleen. The spleen is a lymph organ, and can become depleted when we are stressed. Neurolymphatic reflex points stimulate the movement of lymph in the body in relation to the named organ.

The source points for gall baldder are in a little indentation on the outside of the foot just in front of the ankle bone in line with the fourth toe. The heart source point is on the wrist in line with the little finger. To open source points and make sure they are polarized, you can shine a flashlight on the point, flip your hand back and forth over the point, bring your finger tips together and rotate your wrist back and forth with your fingers about 3 cm above the point as if you were turning a key, or get a low gauss magnet shaped like a doughnut like Radio Shack sells and spin it above the point. All of these methods break up the energy and get it flowing well again.

If you know you have gall bladder issues, you can flush the gall bladder meridian on each side of the body. Google "gall bladder meridian graphic" on this site. Start at the end of the meridian, on the 4th toe, and trace the meridian backwards to its beginning point at the outside corner of the eye. Then trace it forwards 3 times. Repeat at least daily.

You would likely also benefit from a variety of stress reducing exercises.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics