Tai Chi

forum post

Tai Chi

Published on 05-10-2017

"ChadD" is an acupuncturist who lives in Minneapolis and has authored 64 other posts.

https://community.yinyanghouse.com/t/wondering-about-the-tai-chi-class/4907

Hello Angela,

I’m assuming you are asking about our classes at the Yin Yang House in Chattanooga? I went ahead and removed your post as our forums are for a world-wide audience (i.e. not just us) so most people would have no idea what classes you are referring to.

The information for our classes is here:
Yin Yang House Clinic

Chattanooga Tai Chi and Qi Gong Classes • Yin Yang House Clinic

Eastern-based exercises such as Qi Gong and Tai Chi have been shown in numerous western medical studies to be helpful with alleviating mental and physical stress, lowering blood pressure, building immunity, and improving health. The routines are...

Whether they are good for you or not is something you would have to decide for yourself really. I would suggest you simply try a class out and see what you think. Certainly along with our tong ren therapy energy healing system (a free class we have on Wednesdays with qi gong, etc. - https://clinic.yinyanghouse.com/chattanooga_energy_healing_class ) we have a more energetic/healing focus to Tai Chi as opposed to a more martial or general health focus which is more appealing to some and less appealing to others.

Ultimately whether you enjoy the class will depend on whether you jive with my instructional style, whether or not you actually practice, and how much effort you put into to studying the background and theory of these arts. Tai chi is an amazing art, but according to the nature of these arts it seems simple but to get to the deeper purpose of it it takes work. While I can guide you towards that end, you have to put the effort in and you will get a near 1:1 return proportionally to how much you put into your practice.

-Chad.

If you have any other questions about the classes, please contact us through our clinic contact form:
Yin Yang House Clinic

Contacting the Yin Yang House - Chattanooga & Dalton • Yin Yang House Clinic

We welcome your questions and look forward to assisting you with your health care needs. You should feel free to visit us, call or email at anytime. You may contact our center as follows: Yin Yang House Acupuncture and Wellness Center Chattanooga...

But feel free to show up any Saturday and participate in the class to see what you think. We are, however, closed the first Saturday of each month.

Comments / Discussions:

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics