Tinnitus problem

forum post

Tinnitus problem

Published on 03-22-2015

"Juan_David_Gome" - this is their first post.

Hello, I will start some acupuncture this upcoming Monday, I tried acupuncture in the past and it worked like a charm, but I tried in Korea, which is really good, here in my home country, haven’t tried yet, but I have no choice.

I have some kind of double tinnitus, I think it might be connected with Kidney or the salivary glands, cause they hurt frequently, im changing all my life in order to make this gone. I only have one ear, cause I born partial deaf, and I must take care of my only ear ofc.

Thanks for reading me.

This post has the following associations:

Patterns: kidney yin deficiency, liver yang rising

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2015

Well certainly tinnitus can be treated with acupuncture and/or Chinese herbal medicine, but it is often a chronic condition that come and go over a persons lifetime. Proper treatment relies entirely on proper diagnosis. Two of the most common patterns would be kidney yin deficiency or liver yang rising. Dietary and lifestyle changes that would be helpful would be guided by which diagnosis your practitioner finds that you have. That said, please don’t associate your physical “kidneys” with the kidney system in Chinese Medicine too closely - see “My Kidneys are What?” for more on that.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Juan_David_Gome"
on Mar 2015

Hello chad, Today I will go to acupunture, for the past 5 years I’ve been just in front of a computer, guess that lifestyle its not good, what’s ur reccomendation to start a new life change?

thanks for ur answer tho.

top Login/Comment

comment by "yves"
on May 2015

hello everyone
i can only agree with all that has been written
also just incase don’t forget that a chronic perforated eardrum give strong signs of tinitus

kind regards

yves

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon216608"
on Jun 2015

Hi. Re your statement, Chad, that tinnitus can be treated with acupuncture - I went to community acupuncture for a variety of minor, non-debilitating problems, including slight hissing-type sounds in one ear, and the Dr. there said that acupuncture can’t deal with that. She meant in general; she wasn’t talking about me in particular.

top Login/Comment

on Jun 2015

@MoiAussi, and what is your point exactly? Clearly I disagree clinically as I’ve treated it many times with excellent results. Further my previous posts include treatment protocols, supporting theory, etc. Those wouldn’t exist if practitioners haven’t been treating tinnitus for generations. Personally, I would see a different practitioner. But regardless, I’d like to know what in your response was valuable to the original poster in this thread in your personal opinion? Why take everyone’s time with a response like this? At least include why they thought they couldn’t help tinnitus…

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon216608"
on Jun 2015

@Chad: “What is [my] point exactly?” you asked.

My point was that, obviously, some practitioners are either ignorant or incompetent, passing out incorrect information. Wouldn’t readers of yinyanghouse, including Mr. Gomez, want to be aware of this. The topic was tinnitus & acupuncture and I was passing along my own experience - what is wrong with telling of my own experience.

I was not told why tinnitus was supposedly incurable by acupuncture. I am hoping that Mr. Gomez can get all the help needed and be cured.

top Login/Comment

on Jun 2015

@MoiAussi - there was nothing “obvious” at all that you were implying that the practitioner you spoke with was “ignorant or incompetent” . You stated nothing like that in your post. Had you written something along those lines in your reply it would have been a clearer post - i.e. to be cautious of practitioners who say they can’t treat tinnitus, as some in your experience have, and that I wish you the best in pursuit of what you find will help, please report back with how your treatment goes… Something like that spells out a much clearer intention.

As it was written, it honestly just seemed like a baiting and negative response that had no value whatsoever to the original poster nor was it implied anywhere in the post that you were hopeful that the original poster would “get all the help needed and be cured”. Read as it was written it said - “Chad said it could be helped, my practitioner said it couldn’t” - not enough context there you would agree.

So thanks for clarifying what you were saying and the intent behind. Thinking through the posts more before submitting them is important to maintain a healthy community website. Accordingly, we watch these discussions closely.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon145832"
on Aug 2015

I’ve read that if treated with acupuncture that tinnitus stands a good chance of being cured if dealt with within the first 6 months… Obviously with a perforated eardrum that wouldn’t work. I have worked on this problem with someone that had it their whole life. The best we could do was to lower the sound and that worked fantastically.She also cut out dairy which produces mucus and clogs up the sinus’

top Login/Comment

on Aug 2015

I’ve treated many more cases than just acute - although, yes, they are easier to resolve. Really, most of the cases I see are long term (10 years +) and they will resolve. It can take from 3 months to about 1.5 years however of treatment depending on the underlying health issues.

The perforated eardrum does not mean that they -have- to have tinnitus - it’s just somewhat likely. That said, most perforated eardrums will heal on their own, so it’s usually not a long term contributing factor.

top Login/Comment

comment by "Chiru"
on Sep 2015

@Chad_Dupuis: Sir, waiting for you response

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon113383"
on Sep 2016

Generally I would recommend:

1. Examine your sleeping schedule and try to get off the computer at least a few hours before you sleep. Also, don't keep the computer in the same room as the one you sleep in (i.e. have the computer outside the bedroom). Also, electromagnetic frequencies (EMF) can interfere with normal cellular respiration which tends to kick in at around 11 pm when the body begins normal detox. For thousands of years, mankind dozed off just after sunset and the daily detox routine was kickstarted around 11 PM and continues until about 4 AM for most of the detox process. This is also beneficial for normal endocrine function if a good circadian rhythm is practiced consistently.

2. Examine your diet to make sure you're not eating too many processed foods, fatty or oily substances too often, or empty carbs for a majority of your diet. Detox is crucial here, and for the body to perform its best you need phytonutrients and antioxidants (basically fresh fruits and vegetables). Also, make sure that the water you drink is from a spring source or filtered via a gravity filter (like a Berkey system).

3. There are a wide variety of herbal substances that help very well with chronic tinnitus. Tinnitus comes from issues in the Kidney channel, but what many practitioners miss is that the Kidney problems were ushered in by chronic Spleen deficiency in the first place. I would say that around 90% of all chronic illness in the developed world comes first from chronic Spleen deficiency.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics