Vitamins/TCM & Other things

forum post

Vitamins/TCM & Other things

Published on 07-14-2017

"anon216608" has authored 3 other posts.

To Ioannis: You’re welcome. Glad to help.

Since you are interested in both TCM & naturopathy, I should like to ask you if you are familiar with "The Five Phases of Food: How to Begin", 2nd edition, by John W. Garvy, Jr., ND, DAc. I am sure you know all the stuff about 5 phases. Personally, I don’t think that applying this classification to foods is always essential; it is just kind of interesting. For certain people, this info might be helpful, though. Trying to eat according to Garvy’s recommendations (observing all 5 phases) is impractical and silly if you ask me. Just my opinion, as they say.

However, Garvy also applies the 5 phases to vitamins, minerals, and glands. Would you like me to send you the relevant page on this topic? To my knowledge, this book is not available, at least not on the internet that I can see.

I think that nature doctors need to apply some central organizing principles to their style of medicine; and TCM doctors really need to recognize that there is more to helping people than acupuncture and herbs and seeing everything through the TCM lens. In that connection, are you familiar with the Appendix on parasite purging contained at the back of the book Healing with Whole Foods 3rd edition by Paul Pitchford? It incorporates a TCM understanding of flavours, thermal properties, etc. but goes farther. However, parasites being tricky, I don’t think this info is all-inclusive, but it is a good start. By the way Pitchford and his co-author of the parasite info don’t mention Bing Lang, a standard-issue Chinese medical treatment for tapeworm.

Most TCM doctors don’t seem to be interested in investigating the possibility of parasite infection as it lies outside their frame of reference, which to my mind can be pretty narrow by today’s standards.

Also, they - together with licensed, trained naturopaths with N.D. degrees - turns their noses up at things such as coffee enemas, liver flushes, etc. They especially have a contempt for the liver flush. It is true that not everyone is suited, and you have to know what you are doing, but it has certainly produced some results for me.

Do you know of Dr. Michael Tierra? He seems to be familiar with TCM, western herbalism, ayurveda, western scientific understanding of hormones, and a whole lot more. I have his book on herbs, which is pretty good.

Best of luck to you, Ioannis. I’ll leave you alone now; hope I have not intruded excessively.

Eliza/MoiAussi.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon204466"
on Jul 2017

Hi Eliza
No! you have not intruded at all.
Thanks for all this info. I tried to find some info about the five stages but as you say there is nothing on the internet except this five stages of food pizza place… hahahaha
I would be really happy to have some info about this subject.

For all the other references you have sent I found some material and I am looking at it.
I guess i am quite lucky because my naturopathy teacher was a lot of years with Ann Whigmore and she talks all the time for coffee enemas and liver flushes.

So yes if you could sent me something from this five phases of food I would be very happy!

Take care
Ioannis

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics