Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?

forum post

Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?

Published on 12-02-2018

"anon133427" - this is their first post.

Thanks for the great forum. I was prescribed Womens Rhythm (from Kan Herbs) to regulate menstrual cycle. (I seem to be peri-menopausal, and also having extremely bad menstrual pain recently.) It is a combination of Tong Yu Jian and Si Wu Tang.

Also I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and CRPS (RSD) in my foot. As well as multiple chemical sensitivity. I had a couple of months of improvement in the fatigue and pain symptoms of these conditions, which approximately coincides with the time when I was taking Womens Rhythm.

I am going to start taking this remedy again, not for the menstrual issue but for the other possible benefits. I am wondering if there is a portion of it that would be most appropriate for the CFS and CRPS, rather than the combined Womens formula.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2018

The real person to ask would be the practitioner who originally prescribed that formula to you as they would be most familiar with your issues in Chinese Medicine terms. In general, you do not choose formulas based on your western symptoms/issues - they are chosen by the diagnostic patterns that you have in Chinese Medicine terms which can then manifest in a myriad ways symptoms-wise. For more on that read (“treating the cause vs the symptoms” and “how to choose a formula”).

All of the issues you are describing are generally well treated with both acupuncture and properly utilized Chinese herbal medicine. I would strongly suggest you work directly with a practitioner in your area who practices both acupuncture and herbal medicine and give them 3-9 months to get your issues resolved.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon133427"
on Dec 2018

Thanks so much for your reply. I am definitely going to follow up with the practitioner. But I have to wait a couple of weeks
When I found your site I got excited about possibly gaining more understanding about it. Thanks to all who contribute!

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics