Herbs That Extinguish Wind And Stop Tremors - Herbal Functional Grouping (9 herbs)
Herbs That Extinguish Wind And Stop Tremors General Introduction
- For internal wind.
- Results from liver and kidney imbalances - yin deficiency, ascendant liver yang, blood deficiency, high fevers.
- Symptoms: headache, dizziness, blurred vision, tinnitus, irritability, vomiting, palpitations with anxiety, muscle twitches.
Herbs That Extinguish Wind And Stop Tremors Section Summary / Study Notes
- Gou Teng, Tian Ma - similar, headache, dizziness, vertigo, often used together.
- Gou Teng - sweet, cold - heat-induced wind.
- Tian Ma - sweet, warm, dry - wind-cold accompanied by phlegm-dampness.
- Gou Teng, Ling Yang Jiao - calm the liver and extinguish wind - tremors, convulsions due to intense heat, often used together.
- Ling Yang Jiao - enters the blood level and relieves toxicity.
- Gou Teng - qi-level herb, clears and drains, good for problems secondary to externally contracted wind-heat.
- Di Long - spasms and convulsions from heat, wheezing and painful obstruction.
- Shi Jue Ming, Bai Ji Li - focus on the liver.
- Quan Xie, Jiang Can, Wu Gong - dispel wind, stops spasms, often used together.
- Wu Gong (most intense) - acrid, warm, good for wind-cold, topically used for swellings.
- Jiang Can - phlegm heat.
- Quan Xie - acrid and neutral, cases involving heat.