Herbs That Transform Phlegm Cold - Herbal Functional Grouping (9 herbs)
Herbs That Transform Phlegm Cold General Introduction
- For phlegm-cold or phlegm-dampness patterns.
- Most of these herbs are quite strong and many are toxic.
Herbs That Transform Phlegm Cold Section Summary / Study Notes
- For wind stroke and epilepsy where wind-phlegm, vomiting, vertigo, and dizziness are present - two are used together.
- Ban Xia - acrid and dispersing, most effective in treating damp-phlegm in the spleen and stomach.
- Tian Nan Xing - acrid and dry, for wind-phlegm or damp-phlegm in the channels.
- Zao Jiao - warm, effective for dispelling phlegm, strongly opens up the orifices - good for wind stroke and for aiding in the progress of abscesses and other supporative lesions.