Achilles tendonitis

forum post

Achilles tendonitis

Published on 01-22-2009

"anon77311" is a complemementary medicine provider and has authored 10 other posts.

What are the points to successfully treat achilles tendonitis? The pain started in the middle night and began to affect anything I do that requires impact, but yet some days it doesn't hurt at all. Is there specific points that can be used when in pain and others to prevent the pain from coming? I went 18 months with no pain after being treated with acupuncture from a practitioner and now I need to self manage the pain? Can you help? The pain can come out of nowhere with no activity instigating the pain.

Thanking you in advance

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "liteiceberg"
on Feb 2009

I have treated this with a lot of success. I use ahi points, and flanking the achilles with about 6 needles- 3 per side. Then maybe palpate the calf and see how tight it is up there. The gastrocs may be tight pulling up on it. Hook up some e-stim. If the problem persists after having gone away, I would heavily look into the shoes you are wearing.

top Login/Comment

comment by "vepanphysio"
on Feb 2009

I have many patients with this problem. You should try bloodly cupping from Taixi KI3.

If this doesn't work,then try to make e-acupuncture straight to the tendon. You must also use ashi point right down from the heel or put moxa. It's very painfull.

Veronica

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics