Enquiries

forum post

Enquiries

Published on 01-12-2017

"anon13301" has authored 10 other posts.

This is my detailed medical history.

1993 (Age 3)
Knee pain (if I didn’t cover my knees in an air-conditioned room)

Age 13-19
Stomachache/diarrhea 3 to 4 times in a week

Age 15
Feels dizzy when I do exam for 2 hours. My hands feel sore when I wash my face for 3 minutes.

Age 18
My hands feel sore when I write for 20 minutes or when I eat. I have cold hands and feet, feel bloated after eating. I feel dizzy when I concentrate to read newspapers and books.

Age 21
feel full although eat very little, thin, numbness in the limbs, shortness of breath, brain is slow in receiving information

Age 23
no strength (especially in hands and feet)(I am not able to lift a very light cup of water), shortness of breath becomes worst, fatigue(for more than 6 months), very thin, poor concentration, poor memory, no spirit, brain receives information very slow, right waist feel sore, going out was very exhausting and doing very light activities in the house is very exhausting (for example: light cleaning and watch TV). I am not able to walk for a long time (I walk for 10 to 15 steps and stop because I don’t have enough “Qi” or shortness of breath) then after I feel that I have enough breath then I continue to walk. To me, walking and showering is like doing a vigorous exercise.

2010 Feb/ March
Saw a TCM Physician at Beijing Tong Ren Tang (Brunei) 3 times. He prescribed Chinese herbal medicine (24 to 28 herbs)(7 days, 14 packets). My improvements are no more stomachache/ diarrhea, not feeling so cold and my finger nails become pink (not white in colour anymore). He said I am not suitable to have acupuncture.

2010 June
I jump with alternate legs a few times and I feel that I have no breath. I have to lie down and breathe constantly. I don’t know what happened. Mom cook me 泡参 (pao shen) for me to drink. I feel better. After some time we went to see an acupuncturist in Miri, Sarawak(East Malaysia). She only do acupuncture and cupping. She gave me 补中益气丸 (bu zhong yi qi wan). She always tell me to come back once a week. She always put cupping on my back (9 cups or more). Is cupping suitable for weak patients?

2011 August
I went to study at my local university because I feel better. I always walked to school. After walking for 5 minutes I have to stop for a while. Then I continue. My improvements are dizziness (motion sickness), shortness of breath when eating and brushing teeth, weakness in the legs but I still feel dizzy when I think for a long time. My hands still feel sore when I write or eat. I continued to see her(Miri acupuncturist) in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

2013 July
I went to Australia during winter. I pulled an extremely heavy door using both arms. I felt something going through my left arms’ nerves or veins and to my heart. My veins or arteries near my heart feel very painful. I have to sit down and breathe constantly. I feel weak and I can’t talk because I don’t have enough Qi 气. Next morning I wake up, I don’t have enough strength to push my body up. So the next day we went to Sydney’s Beijing Tong Ren Tang. She gave me 红参 (Hong shen/ red ginseng/ Radix Ginseng Rubra) and 鹿茸(lu rong/ Hairy Deer-Horn (Hairy Antler)/ Cornu Cervi Pantotrichum) to drink. I asked her whether I can do acupuncture. She said yes. After the acupuncture, I feel that I have more energy. I have strength to eat myself. But after 2 or 3 hours I have no strength again.

2013 August
We decided to go to Beijing Tong Ren Tang (Brunei).I saw a new TCM physician (Mr. Han) because the first TCM physician didn’t work there anymore. After I drank his herbs (14 herbs)(5 days, 10 packets), there is no improvement. I didn’t went back to see him. Blood pressure is 110/70 mmHg.
I went back to Miri to see the acupuncturist. She gave me 补中益气丸 (but zhong yi qi wan) and 十全大补丸 (shi quan da bu wan). I walk extremely slow (shortness of breath). My motion sickness came back.

2013 October
My right waist starts to feel sore when I use my strength (for example when I wash my hair, when I talk too loud). My tongue colour become white. (It used to be pink). My appetite used to be low but now it’s even lower. I eat extremely slow (5 minutes eat one mouthful). I always have to lean my back on my chair when I sit. When I stand up, my knees have to lean on the table or my body lean against the wall because I have no Qi to stand straight. I don’t have enough strength to support myself. My weight decreased. I always have to eat and drink warm food and water. I can’t accept food or water that is at room temperature. If I ate them, my back will feel cold. I always feel tired (my eyes close a while then open a while then close then open). When someone talks to me I have no spirit to hear what he says. (Before, I also got this problem but not so serious. I have to tell the person to talk to me slowly.) I can’t watch TV (Before this I can watch TV but I will feel dizzy if I concentrate to hear what the TV person is talking about). I can’t talk (Before this, I can talk softly but if I talked too long my hands will feel numb). When I sleep in an air-conditioned room, I cover 4 blankets and cover my nose using tissues. I am easily scared (a large object fall down, I got shocked and my heart have to beat fast then I have no strength at all).

Blood pressure drops to 90/60 mmHg. After the Miri acupuncturist took away the needles from my body, she always gave me a plastic cup of water to drink. I can lift it up but with a bit difficulty. After maybe 1 hour, I have no strength again.

2014 April
No period.

2014 November
Miri acupuncturist gave me Chinese pills for my period but it didn’t work. My strength and Qi didn’t have much improvement so I stopped seeing her(Miri acupunturist).

2014 December
I decided to go to Beijing Tong Ren Tang (Brunei) again. Mr. Han didn’t work there anymore so I see a new TCM physician (Mr. Liu). After I drank his herbs (7 days, 14 packets), I feel better. So I went back to see him once a month. After some time my appetite increased a little bit. He also told me that I am not suitable to do acupuncture.

2015 February
My period came back (I haven’t had any period for 10 months). I also ate a bit faster (3 minutes eat one mouthful). Blood pressure increased back to 110/75 mmHg.

2015 April
Went to Beijing Tong Ren Tang but Mr. Liu is not there. So we went to see a Taiwanese TCM physician(another clinic). He said my spine is pushing against my nerves. After he helps me adjust my spine, I can breathe very deep. I also can lift a little bit more water (a plastic cup) than before.

2015 July
A new TCM Physician (Mr. Zhang) (Beijing Tong Ren Tang) came but he came here for 2 months only. My health improved after I drank his Chinese herbs.

2015 November
There is no TCM Physician (Beijing Tong Ren Tang) at the moment so I drank back the last Chinese herbs that Mr. Zhang gave me. I have lost 6 kg since October 2013. Now it increases back to 39 kg.

The first TCM physician and Mr. Liu say that I am not suitable to have acupuncture. Why?

From 2010 to 2014, the Miri acupuncturist always insert the needles into the same place. (3-4 above my head, 10 to 12 above and below my belly button, 6-8 on both arms and 10 on both legs. She only changed a bit sometimes. Is it a good idea to put needles in the same place all the time?

Why am I able to lift a plastic cup of water after acupuncture?

Is it because I am weak so I became no strength after I pulled an extremely heavy door?

I have drunk brewed Chinese herbs (20 herbs) (Brunei’s Beijing Tong Ren Tang) for 12 times since December 2014. My improvements are very slow. Is it because the Chinese herbs have lost their potency?

My mom tried to buy dang gui (Chinese Angelica Root, 当归) from Beijing Tong Ren Tang (Brunei). It doesn’t have any smell. Does that mean their dang gui has lost its potency?

2016 March
I went to Singapore for 3 days. I saw an acupuncturist in Singapore (acupuncture once/twice a day). She put needles on front of my body and also back of body after removing needles from front of body. I received moxibustion for the first time. Cupping -sometimes only (2 small cups on upper back). He gave me ling zhi mushroom and ba zhen wan.

2016 April
I gained a bit weight, don’t feel extremely cold (improved a little bit)

2016 May
Return to see acupuncturist in Singapore (acupuncture once/twice a day for 7 days). He gave me ling zhi mushroom(灵芝) and ba zhen wan(八珍丸).

I gained a bit weight again, don’t feel extremely cold again (improved a little bit). I can walk more steps before I stop to rest. Appetite is ok. Fatigue and tiredness improved a bit.

2016 August
Return to see a acupuncturist in Singapore (acupuncture once/twice a day for 7 days). He gave me ba zhen wan, e jiao (deer)- for blood deficient. She gave me some Chinese medicines for my heavy white discharge. (now white discharge has decreased)

My weight has increased to 42kg.I don’t feel extremely cold again but still feel cold compare to when I was 19 years old. Before 2013, I turn on the air conditioner when I sleep. Now, I don’t on the air conditioner at home all day although the outside temperature is very hot (35 degrees C).

I still feel dizzy sometimes. I still eat slow (2 minutes eat one mouthful). I still feel shortness of breath. I still have no strength (hands, feet)(improved a bit)(I still can’t lift a plastic cup of water)(I can but have to put it down quickly). I still have poor memory, poor concentration, low spirit, slow response, brain receives information slow. My hands still feel sore when I write for 20 minutes or when I eat.

Are brewed Chinese herbs more effective than granules/pills/powder?

Why do my hands feel sore/tired so fast?

Thank you.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Post-void dribble - 12-31-2021
  • Brown discharge - 12-31-2021
  • Brown discharge - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics