Feeling tired after wet cupping

forum post

Feeling tired after wet cupping

Published on 05-10-2018

"anon171556" - this is their first post.

I have had palpitations and low back pain in the past possibly due to my unhealthy lifestyle.

I tried wet cupping on all my back few days ago and did 15 cups. My back is feeling sore and firm. Also noticed some palpitations and feeling really tired. My legs and muscles feel particularly weak. I was diagnosed by tcm practitioner of my kidneys being weak a few years ago.

Can you help please?

Thanks
Ammar

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on May 2018

It sounds like you are treating yourself - is that correct? If so, I strongly advise against that. Further if your previous practitioner was correct and you have kidney qi deficiency - you should -not- be doing dispersive techniques such as wet cupping as it is very likely to be weakening to you and make your situation worse.

For the most part you should feel alright within a week so long as you don’t continue performing wet cupping on yourself.

If you are deficient you likely need techniques such as moxibustion, but I wouldn’t do anything unless directly recommended by a practitioner who is familiar with your overall health and can watch you over time.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon171556"
on May 2018

Hi, thanks for your quick response.
I did treat myself as I went to the cupping person myself. I’m drinking lots of water which is helping me I think as I feel better now.
Any advice on my recovery from the cupping?
Thanks

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on May 2018

Just rest and don’t continue to do it. The effects of it should cease within 3-7 days.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon171556"
on May 2018

thanks appreciate your advice

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics