Internal healing/holistic healing

forum post

Internal healing/holistic healing

Published on 11-04-2016

"anon47626" has authored 1 other post.

While in Central America I contracted a mosquito virus (Zika or Chikungunya) in addition to severe incompatibility with the humid climate.
Symptoms: severe whole body inflammation;
immobilizing inflammation in soles of feet;
painful inflammation of fingers and hand joints;
lethargy;
As swelling subsides: blood in urine off and on;
deep amber urine;
very yellow urine;
completely clear urine;
increased content and frequency of bowel elimination;
impacted bowel (one time; organic self-remedy);
increased neuropathy of 4 fingers on one hand (began as tingling/numbness in tips of fingers prior to travel).

Prior to travel, my Acupuncturist noted/treated my “hot & damp” nature as chronic. Aside from this chronic condition and occasional injuries I have enjoyed a healthy, strong physical body without disease or disorder or drugs.

What holistic measures does Chinese Medicine suggest to heal the kidney, bladder, liver and cool the system? I use Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Essential Oils, Organic Lifestyle and herbal supplements.

Thank you for any advice.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: urinary tract infection (uti)

Patterns: bladder damp heat, kidney yang deficiency, kidney yin deficiency, spleen and stomach damp heat, spleen qi deficiency, spleen yang deficiency

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Bleeding Kidney - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
    on Nov 2016

For any given condition what techniques we use depends on many factors. In general combining multiple approaches - diet, exercise, meditation, acupuncture, chiropractic, herbal therapy, etc. tends to provide favorable results. It seems like you already are following several pathways towards better health. Your current acupuncturist could probably give you a more detailed treatment plan if that’s what your asking.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon47626"
    on Nov 2016

Yes, thank you, Stephen. I was just looking for additional input regarding
    “hot & damp” condition generally and kidney /bladder wisdom generally.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Nov 2016

I don’t know how much you already know about Chinese Medicine, so these basic articles might not be enough information but I suggest you read “My Kidneys are What?” and “My Spleen is What?”. Generally speaking you don’t have hot and damp from the kidney system - you can have empty heat/yin deficiency (i.e. “tired and wired”) from the kidney yin or you can have cold from kidney yang deficiency. Damp generally arises from a weak spleen system (i.e. your digestive/assimilation system) but can come from other causal factors - generally spleen qi deficiency, spleen yang deficiency or excess conditions like stomach/spleen damp heat. You technically can have damp heat in the lower warmer (this can be specifically bladder damp heat - so UTI’s for example).

These are just some general considerations to get you headed in the right direction, there are endless ways this can arise in a given individual.

top Login/Comment

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
    on Nov 2016

Besides the various treatment modalities you’re doing, there are some things you could also do with your diet. You should avoid hot/spicy foods, greasy/oily foods, milk products with the exception of yogurt, soy products, and processed foods in general. If you have a juicer [machine] watermelon, cucumber, and/or celery all help to clear damp heat from the lower jiao (where the kidneys and bladder are located). If you don’t have a juicer eating them can help but not nearly as much as from juicing. Engaging in moderate exercise to work up a light sweat is also helpful for clearing both damp and heat.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics