Patient Has Numb Tongue

forum post

Patient Has Numb Tongue

Published on 09-06-2018

"anon145832" has authored 5 other posts.

I have a patient with a numb tongue.She said it feels like when you get numb from dental work. I looked up the symptom in Giovanni Maciocia’s Tongue Dx book and he says it’s either Heart Blood Deficiency since the heart blood isn’t reaching the tongue.Another book I have said it’s heart excess. I haven’t seen her yet so I don’t know the color of the tongue yet before I can make a dx. Any opinion or information is greatly appreciated.Thanks

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Sep 2018

I would wait until you actually see the patient and treat them a couple times before looking for opinions. Never take one sign and drive it into a diagnosis. Once you see the patient do a full intake and see what you think is happening in TCM terms and only then, factor, in their specific issue. A numb tongue could be from digestive weaknesses, from cervical issues, from teeth grinding (stress), etc. - it should be more obvious once you see the patient.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon145832"
on Sep 2018

She is a patient of mine. She has Sp/Ht Bld Def. But what’s interesting is she has Rosacea with very red face and big pus nodules

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Sep 2018

So is the tongue numbness new? - and for what duration now? How long have you been treated the patient and what has resolved and what hasn’t?

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics