Pulmonary hypertension

forum post

Pulmonary hypertension

Published on 09-09-2020

"Maheyah" is a complemementary medicine provider who lives in Norway and has authored 3 other posts.

Hi

I want to help my brother understand and treat pulmonary hypertension. He just got that diagnosis. Please explain this frightening diagnosis through TCM. How is it possible to treat it by manipulating body energies and Chinese herbal medicine?
I am grateful for the advice. My brother is 66 years old.
all the best

This post has the following associations:

Herbs: chuan xiong

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Sep 2020

You will need to consult directly with a practitioner who practices both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine in your area and plan to work with them for at least 4-7 months.

For some general guidelines, the answer I gave previously to a similar question is largely applicable to you as well…

There are treatments for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension within Chinese Medicine. However, as with most issues, proper diagnosis of the underlying factors from both a western and, more importantly, a Chinese Medicine perspective is critical to planning a treatment (for more on this see “treating the cause vs. the symptoms”. In general, many patients would end up on some aspect of herbs that “invigorate the blood” in Chinese Medicine terms, such as Chuan Xiong. A general look at …
top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics