Severe anxiety, fire, possibly spleen yin deficiency?

forum post

Severe anxiety, fire, possibly spleen yin deficiency?

Published on 05-16-2018

"anon188652" has authored 2 other posts.

So this is my issue for the past 8 years… I’ve struggling with this issue. After stressful event at work. I had break down. I started taking antidepressants and neuroleptics.I took for 2 years
5 years ago I went to the UK to do my masters. I had stressfull events and I had break down. I couldn’t complete it so I returned to my country and they gave me neuroleptics. Form that day my health deteriorated very bad. No energy. Collapse. Low stress threslhold

I’m currently on little dosage neuroleptic. Managed to come off completely 2 of them but I struggle. tapered the a/d to 0 for 3 years. The neuroleptic causes severe withdrawal.

My symptoms are low quality sleep, fire, fatigue and anxiety, get easily irritable and the last month i wake up restless, tired.

I don’t believe in western medicine anymore . Ruined my health. want to try different approach. very dissapointed.

Today I did my second session of acupuncture (ear) and helped me calm and manage stress . its a bit expensive,. I noticed result within 10min upon completing session.

Need some guidance how to tackle this.With herbs, supplements and other. To mention I’ve taking omega 3 for the past 3 years, keep taking. also I tried bacopa monieri which helped for 3 months for memory issues and turmeric with piperine which also helped but my current system is very sensitised and can’t tolerate atm. I take only omega 3, for sleep I have issue…

My acupuncturist insisted to see within a week and hasn’t suggested any herbs/supplements yet… He stuck some little balls on my ear. He wants to see how I respond within a week.

What I see in the tongue is the cracked in the middle.

Thank you very much for your response, appreciate it,

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: anxiety

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• Fatigue and imbalance - 12-31-2021
  • Pain in stomach - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on May 2018

That range of anxiety disorders is certainly well treated with Chinese Medicine, but it is a process. The best person to ask these questions to is your current practitioner (particularly if they practice both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine). They will know what to do over time, but from the looks of your tongue you are looking at a minimum of 3 months of treatment and then will very likely be on some type of herbal combination for somewhere between 9 months and 1.5 years.

The center crack in the tongue is actually not that significant, the puffiness is another matter entirely. You will likely end up on some type blood and yin tonic formulas along with others that smooth the emotional aspects.

I would give your practitioner a few months to get you on track.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon188652"
    on May 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.
    I have fearfulness, excessive worry and nightmares.
    i’m on withdrawal from the a/d and neuroleptic.I’m off since 15 March.
    What is the puffiness in the tongue? Is it serious?

I read about the valavaskis and empty fire protocol in TCM, I have combined symptoms from these 2.

What are yin tonic and blood type formulas? Which one do you suggest?
    I’ve browsed the web and seen so many.
    Also my nutrition includes mostly protein and fish,
    is there any food to avoid eating?

Thank you very much for your response.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon188652"
    on May 2018

What yin tonic formula do you suggest?
    Is there any particular food I should avoid to help with yin deficiency? Eat more vegetables??? meat??
    I’m not sure if the acuuncturist practises acupuncture together with Chinese Herbal Medicine.

What is the puffiness in the tongue?

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on May 2018

As I stated earlier - “the best person to ask these questions to is your current practitioner”. I’m ethically not going to recommend a formula for you as I don’t know your history and don’t have the opportunity to physically inspect you. I’m not trying to put off the answers, but your practitioner will know more about your medical history and can more directly point you in the direction you need to go based on how they view your diagnosis… So, again, give them some time and after you get a diagnosis and a little into your treatment, then feel free to ask questions.

As far as the tongue goes, you can look that up yourself on our tongue diagnosis page - it is admittedly brief but will point you in the right direction.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon188652"
    on Jun 2018

Hi,
    The practitioner doesn’t practise chinese herbal medicine, so he couldn’t recommend any herbs, He’s greek… He just said to take valeriana at night for sleep. The 2nd session acupuncture was helpful but the practitioner wasn’t helpfull and didnt want to continue with him. I did blood test in May, everything was ok/good. HDL/LDL , etc except a liver enzyme was slightly higher due to the chemicals drugs a/d and neyroleptic that I took, and I’m loosing weight , I’ve lost 10kg in last 4 months.The last 2 days I had 9 hours sleep and that boosted my energy

from the tongue diagnosis page its yin def empty heat. Is that correct?
    I would appreciate if you could recommend a tonic herb for yin / and liver detox to get some effect how to go from here because I’m concerned. I need your advice.

Also what would you recommend for someone who has allergy-rhinitis?

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics