Is there any hearing loss cure

forum post

Is there any hearing loss cure

Published on 05-16-2018

"anon90969" has authored 1 other post.

i have hearing loss, How can i restore my hearing? my left ear is profound and right one severe. it has been worsening year by year. Kindly advise how i can go about in restoring my hearing. There are no local practitioners to consult.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: deafness (hearing loss)

Formulas: er long zuo ci wan, jia wei xiao yao wan

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on May 2018

Possibly, it greatly depends on the cause and your underlying issues from a Chinese Medicine perspective (see “treating the cause vs. the symptoms”).

Our hearing loss section has some possibly underlying diagnoses, treatment protocols and possibly relevant formulas. But these are merely pointers for practitioners. If there isn’t a practitioner nearby that you can work with directly I highly doubt, unfortunately, that anything you can do via self-diagnosis and self-treatment is going to do much. But if you can describe the hearing loss, what you think the causes are, and some of your overall health, I might be able to offer some more specific suggestions.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon90969"
on May 2018

Thank you for your feedback,
My back ground is as follows:

Im aged 41 years. My left ear which is profound started with pain and started experiencing hearing loss in my early 20s. It used to pain especially when cold and only used it for listening once in a while on phone calls currently i can only hear on high volumes with this left ear. The same has started with the right ear as I have severe hearing loss despite it being alright in the past. I find it difficulty especially when cold and I have to pop my ears ocassionally. when i visit hospitals they say there is no cure and only hearing aids are prescribed without giving me full diagnosis on what could be the cause. When I discovered your webside I decided to try chinese herbs. With little self diagnosis I want to order Er Long Zuo Ci Wan and see if it helps. My sight has also started declining as I was told to have glaucoma.

My kind regards.

top Login/Comment

on May 2018

Well through a forum online and based on your symptoms alone I can’t directly comment on whether er long zuo ci wan would be appropriate for you - but it may very well be. All the more so if you are developing glaucoma.

Do you have any allergy symptoms or other symptoms of inflammation (headaches, etc.) besides the ears popping.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon90969"
on May 2018

I experience ringing in the ear, headache, ear ache and blurred vision. I also feel dizy at times. I have no idea of the underlying cause. I will send my medical results for the liver and kidneys as soon as i get them.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon90969"
on Jun 2018

I am in receipt of the herb I ordered and its my third day of using. I have noted slight improvement with sight which has also be worsening. As for ears I am sure it will take time. I may be blamed for doing self diagnosis but frankly speaking I cant find any acumpucturist in our country and a few chinese Doctors visited could not prove could handle my condition as they use western approach.

I just realised a single herb may not help much as other testimonies involve a combination of herbs and was wondering if I can be helped in identifying which other herbs I can order to restore my hearing and sight im addition to what I bought recently.

I will be glad to get advise

top Login/Comment

on Jun 2018

Maybe if you mentioned what “the herb” you ordered is, someone could guide further. I’ve already mentioned a formula that could potentially be appropriate. But direct guidance, as I’ve already mentioned, is difficult online due to the range of information needed to come to a good understanding of the underlying issues.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon90969"
on Jun 2018

Thank you for the feedback, I cannot see the formula you recommended. You may kindly share it with me once again. However, I ordered ER MING ZUO CI WAN and later realized I might have needed a combination of other herbs. I also have glaucoma in addition to the hearing loss. In case more information is needed, iam prepared to share it with you. It is unfortunate that I cannot access local practitioners in our country.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon90969"
on Jul 2018

Doctor Chad,
I am still waiting for your guide in terms of the herbs that can be combined to help me with hearing loss.

My regards

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon90969"
on Jul 2018

Hi Chad,
I have not heard from you on the combination of herbs I can use for the loss of hearing and the fullness I experience.

top Login/Comment

on Jul 2018

First, I’m under no obligation to help you in this freely offered service, so repeatedly asking is not going to get you a different answer than what I’ve already provided.

Generally speaking yin tonics would take 2-5 months or much longer in some cases to yield results so the fact that your hearing loss isn’t reversed in the few weeks that you’ve been taking your self chosen/self diagnosed herbal formula is not that surprising. As I’ve already mentioned diagnosing you properly via an online forum is just not that feasible. You really need to find someone locally to get proper care. Perhaps using this formula to check their recommendations if you are concerned they are not skilled enough.

Common combinations with er long zuo ci wan in cases of glaucoma might be to add in a formula such as jia wei xiao yao wan or similar which moves more qi stagnation in Chinese Medicine terms. But, again, even with proper treatment, herbally alone you are looking at 4-9+ months of treatment, and at least half of that before you see any improvement at all in most cases.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon90969"
on Jul 2018

Thank you Doctor,

I really appreciate your advise and Iam sorry for having sent repeatedly my concern. However, this was due to lack of feedback. I was prepared to pay for online consultation as you have been helpful with your feedback.

My kind regards.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics