Spinal stenosis 2

forum post

Spinal stenosis 2

Published on 11-27-2017

"anon198795" - this is their first post.

What herb are essential to correct this problem.

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: osteoarthritis (oa)

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Nov 2017

That is just simply not how Chinese Medicine works. I suggest you read “What Does Acupuncture Treat? - treating the cause and not the symptoms” and “How to Choose an herbal formula” to better understand. In my clinical experience stenosis is best treated with a combination of acupuncture and tuina (Chinese medical massage) and unless there is a strong presence of other inflammatory/arthritic symptoms in addition to stenosis herbs will be of little value. You will do best to consult directly with a practitioner in your area and give them 7-10 acupuncture treatments to see what type of response you get.

top Login/Comment

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
on Nov 2017

Herbal therapy is not going to do anything at all to correct spinal stenosis. I’d recommend looking into yoga, aquatic therapy, or a specific chiropractic technique called ‘spinal touch’. Acupuncture combined with tuina can also help.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon198795"
on Nov 2017

Thank you for your response. I am already a acupuncture patient. I was
just wondering if their were herbs to enhance the treatment as I do suffer
with osteoarthritis as well. She told me to include black walnuts in my
diet. I will ask about the tuina massage.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon198795"
on Nov 2017

was just wondering if there were herbs to enhance the treatment as I do
suffer with osteoarthritis as well. She told me to include black walnuts
in my diet. I will ask about the tuina massage.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Nov 2017

There are many formulas that can help with arthritis - some are listed on our osteoarthritis treatment page, but again, if you read the articles I directed you towards you will see that choosing them by saying your have arthritis is not the way to receive proper treatment. If you are seeing a fully licensed Chinese Medicine practitioner they should at least be able to provide you with your diagnosis in TCM terms which can them be used to direct you towards appropriate formulas. If you are getting “acupuncture” from another health provider (MD, PT, etc.) you should consult with a fully licensed acupuncturist in your area, ideally one who also practices tuina and Chinese herbal medicine.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon198795"
on Nov 2017

Thank you Chad. The practioner I am seeing is fully licenced in TCM. I
have only had 2 visits so she is still getting familiar with my case. I
trust her and will address my concerns with her today.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics