Splenic cyst, acupuncture

forum post

Splenic cyst, acupuncture

Published on 07-21-2017

"anon231405" - this is their first post.

I have a cyst on my spleen, approximately 6cm x 7 cm. I have been getting acupuncture bi monthly for about 2 months, and I do feel better overall, but the cyst has actually grown from 5cmx 6cm last november.

What herbs would help with this issue?

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jul 2017

I would leave that to your practitioner and if your practitioner doesn’t practice herbal medicine, I would probably switch practitioners. That said the cysts are often encapsulated with scar tissue, or at least inflamed tissue, so there at times when it looks the same or perhaps even larger it is changing in a positive direction. In short, measurements are not a great indicator of what is actually happening below the scenes (within certain parameters certainly). But it is important to keep an eye on it.

The reason herbal formulas are best prescribed by your practitioner who knows your history, etc. and not because you have a cyst, is that they are based on your deeper diagnosis, not on your symptoms. Only they can really know what that is. Generally speaking you are using blood stasis moving formulas or a combination of that with other bases tailored more to your overall diagnosis - possibly qi deficiency formulas.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon231405"
on Jul 2017

That’s what I’m thinking- the underlying issue is not the cyst but dampness or stagnation or both. I’ll talk to her and see what she can do

Thanks!
Andrea

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics