Thyroid nodule recommendations?

forum post

Thyroid nodule recommendations?

Published on 12-05-2020

"anon146935" has authored 2 other posts.

Hello,

My sister has a small thyroid nodule, she is 24 years of age. The nodule is not big enough for a biopsy, so the doctors are going to check every six months or so for growth in the nodule. They found this nodule in 2018, and now they know that it is vascularized. And it has grown but the growth was to small for any significance according to the doctor. Because it’s too small, they don’t know if it’s benign or malignant, it has an irregular shape (a malignant characteristic) but it’s also soft (a benign characteristic).

I just wanted to know from the TCM perspective of what can be the origin or what is being stressed in the body that’s causing this nodule. Any recommended diets, foods or lifestyle changes to possibly reduce the growth of the nodule and to heal this stress on the body. If you need anymore information to give any recommendations, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time.

This post has the following associations:

Formulas: nei xiao luo li wan

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Dec 2020

You would really have to see a practitioner locally to get the answers to these questions as it requires extensive historical and current medical history and physical examination to arrive at the diagnostic process for that individual (see “treating the cause vs. the symptoms” for more).

If “phlegm” in Chinese Medicine terms is part of the equation often a formula such as nei xiao luo li wan might be used. But this formula would make someone who has other patterns worse or at least not better so proper diagnosis is always key. Even if they had aspects of phlegm in TCM terms it would likely be combined with other formulas that benefit the kidney system (often, but far from exclusively the kidney yang).

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon146935"
on Dec 2020

Thank you very much for your time and response.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics