What are signs of recovery?

forum post

What are signs of recovery?

Published on 03-24-2017

"anon172486" has authored 9 other posts.

Hi Chad – I spoke with you last year about a condition I was suffering. I’ve been on herbs for about 4 months now, for spleen qi def, liver heat, dampness, and underlying kidney def. Major issues were fatigue, anxiety, insomnia, and five-center heat – the latter of which was the most annoying / disturbing, as it was the most ‘prominent’ of the symptoms. My herbalist says that the issues are starting to improve according to tongue. You mentioned that you’ve seen people with the heat from the palms/soles before, on a fairly regular basis, so I was wondering… the “heat” is mostly gone, replaced by low irritation. Some days it is so mild that I only notice it for certain periods of the day. Is this a sign that the condition is slowly improving (shift from “heat” feeling to just faint tingly irritation), in your experience? Diet and sleep (or the lack thereof) seem to affect it. I don’t have access to regular acupuncture in the area I live in, so am stuck with herbal remedies and lifestyle improvements for the most part. Thanks for any advice. -IV

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Mar 2017

Yes, it sounds like you are going in the right direction. And, ultimately the “heat” people feel is really a manifestation of activation of the fight or flight response - so lifestyle, diet, emotions, etc. can all trigger it. Part of the healing process is to move the body to where it is most acclimated to staying in rest and digest and has to be pushed quite hard to get to fight or flight. This is, however, hard and made ever so difficult in our modern times.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon172486"
on Mar 2017

Thanks! - IV

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon172486"
on Apr 2017

Also, one more quick question – from your experience, does the heat/irritation eventually permanently go away once the fundamental interior conditions have been resolved? I ask this because there is little information regarding five-center heat on the internet & the western diagnosis – which seems to be mild peripheral neuropathy – states this as “idiopathic” (no explanation) and is also rather vague. I will be going to Korea this summer and was planning on getting acupuncture done then.

Thank you for your time – IV

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics