Your Issues with Scents

forum post

Your Issues with Scents

Published on 12-02-2016

"anon113383" has authored 14 other posts.

Ms. Chang,

I see your question in this thread, and I feel compelled to say a few things here.

I immediately get the impression that you have 衛氣虛虧證 and this is why you are particularly sensitive to what is present in that space. Personally I would not recommend any needling; you need to get to work on building (not clearing). Dietary examination and herbal supplementation are most beneficial for you. I want to ask you a few questions:

1. How long have you been doing Qi Gong?

2. How long have you been going to this particular space for Qi Gong?

3. Do you often get acupuncture?

4. What is your diet like? Do you eat at regular intervals? Do you eat large portions? Do you ever feel too full?

5. Have you experienced a great loss or grievance lately?

6. May I see a clear picture of your tongue with neutral lighting?

I have a great deal of experience in successfully treating such issues. I also have my own herbal apothecary with very good quality herbs that can’t be found elsewhere–and I make my own traditional herbal preparations, like 泡酒,藥丸,散粉。

Below are the most recent, view all here.

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "anon60664"
on Dec 2016

You are apparently a fraud. I would not come to see you ever. Telling people to abstain from needling, you just want disease and ill health and toxic build up. You represent a bunch of baloney. Your advice is not appreciated.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon113383"
on Dec 2016

1. That’s certainly quite the assumption! I don’t wish a single human being or creature on this planet anything less than the best health and wellness–this is because at a time I was a sufferer of chronic illness myself and healed myself through TCM. That is why I continue to study it and practice it until I move on from this world.

2. The reason I asked you the above questions is because I highly suspect that you have longstanding issues with your lung channel. If you are particularly sensitive to scents, it’s a clear indication that you are not diffusing Qi in a healthy way or lack diffusion to some extent. What needling primarily does is unblock stagnation from the channels; although acupuncture can help with deficiencies of Qi, Yang, and Yin, it cannot remedy these to anywhere near the extent that dietary regimen and herbal treatment can. This is fairly common knowledge in TCM–and also why acupuncture is used as a “last resort” treatment application in China and Taiwan. Also, if you are having issues diffusing lung Qi due to deficiency then you are likely also experiencing allergic symptoms, seasonal allergies, or regular rhinitis. I suppose it is possible that you are retaining stagnation in the channel in the absence of deficiency but the symptoms would most likely be along the lines of having a stifling feeling in the chest and epigastric distention–in which case you would more likely be receptive to strong scents on the contrary. Also, if you have lung deficiency it’s also easy to see that you could have concomitant heart deficiency as well. I’m lead to believe you may also have Yin deficiency, especially considering your reply to me and the general defensiveness and intentionally combatant qualities of your language. If you also suffer from anxiety and/or insomnia this is a clear sign that you may also have Yin deficiency. At the very least, these are some helpful things to look into.

3. Looking at your profile now it seems that you are a student. I responded to you here simply because I’m compelled to help. You can take my advice if you want to or not–I wish you the best in your healing journey.

Take care.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics