Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Alcoholic Liver Disease
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing alcoholic liver disease. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Alcoholic Liver Disease may involve patterns such as -
liver and gallbladder damp heat,
spleen and stomach damp heat
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T9 huatuo (Right), ST 12, ST 21, GB 8, GB 9, Ouch Point
- ViewSides of Spine at T9 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T9) - T9 (Left) innervates the stomach and is used for a range of digestive issues including gas, bloating, ulcers and heartburn as well as stomach cancer.
T9 (Right) innervates the liver and is used for a range of physical liver as well as liv…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewCelestial Hub (GB 9) - Local Point, usually for headache
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …
- ViewBeam Gate (ST 21) - Tonifies Middle Warmer, assists CV 12.
Epigastric pain, accumulations of food in the abdomen a/or palpable masses, vomiting.
Diarrhea, poor appetite, anorexia.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
C2 huatuo (Right), GB 13 (Right), LV 3, GB 16
- ViewSides of Spine at C2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C2) - C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe use…
- ViewRoot Spirit (GB 13) -
Regulate Liver/GallBladder, Clear Wind, Calm the Mind.
Stiff Neck, Headache.
- ViewEye Windows (GB 16) - Local Point.
- ViewGreat Surge (LV 3) - Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
Menstrual issues from D…