Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Als)
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (als). The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
GB 8, GB 12, UB 9, TH 16, SI 16, ST 12
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewCompletion Bone (GB 12) - Dispel exterior & interior wind from the head - tinnitus, tremors in the head, occipital headache, neck rotation ROM issues.
Regulates and calms the spirit - insomnia
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …
- ViewCelestial Window (TH 16) - Local Point.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the occipital artery and the vertebral artery. Useful for occipital issues, glaucoma, etc.
Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the T…
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
GV 20, Yiming, C2 huatuo, LI 4, ST 36, GB 19,
- ViewSides of Spine at C2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C2) - C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe use…
- ViewEye Brightening (EX YI MING) - Sleep issues - insomnia, dream-disturbed sleep.Eye Disorders.Tinnitus.
- ViewBrain Hollow (GB 19) - Local Point.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the visual cortex. Useful for muscle/coordination problems with the eyes from conditions such as MS, Parkinson's, etc.
- ViewHundred Convergences (GV 20) - Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD…
- ViewUnion Valley (LI 4) - Releases the exterior for wind-cold or wind-heat syndromes
Strengthens the wei qi, improves immunity
Regulates the sweat glands, for excessive sweating tonify LI 4 then disperse KD 7 and vice versa.
Any problem on the face - sense organ…
- ViewLeg Three Li (ST 36) - Tonify deficient Qi a/or Blood.
Tonify Wei Qi and Qi overall - low immunity, chronic illness, poor digestion, general weakness, particularly with moxibustion, very important acupuncture point for building and maintaining overall health.