Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Down Syndrome
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing down syndrome. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C1 huatuo, GV 22, GV 23, UB 6, GV 20, GB 8
- ViewSides of Spine at C1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C1) - C1 innervates the top of the head and is an important juncture between the brain and body. Affects the parietal lobe, sensory and motor areas of the brain.
If patient has predominately left sided problems, then the right side of C1 wil…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewUpper Star (GV 23) - Main point for nose problems, nasal congestion, rhinitis, nasal polyps, sinus headache.
Eye/Vision issues - shortsightedness, visual dizziness, painful/red eyes.
Psychological issues, primarily with wind derived mania s…
- ViewLight Guard (UB 6) - Local point generally for headaches and vision issues - clears heat and wind.
Headaches particularly with visual dizziness.
Visual issues - blurry vision.
Wind-heat conditions when there is no sweating - vomiting, nasal discharge, etc.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
Tiandong, SI 16, LI 17, Yiming
- ViewSky Movement (EX TIAN DONG) - Note: This point is not a standard acupuncture point, it was developed by Master Tam for use within the Tam Healing System.Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery. Useful for alzheimer's, b…
- ViewEye Brightening (EX YI MING) - Sleep issues - insomnia, dream-disturbed sleep.Eye Disorders.Tinnitus.
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.