Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Eye Problems
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing eye problems. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C3 huatuo, UB 1, UB 2, UB 3, UB 9, Yintang SI 16
- ViewSides of Spine at C3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C3) - C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Re…
- ViewHall of Seal (EX YINTANG) -
Calms the spirit - insomnia, anxiety, stress.
Sinus issues - congestion, sinusitis.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Eye and sinus issues, useful point for building the energy in the head during qi gong.…
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- ViewBright Eyes (UB 1) - Main point for all eye disorders especially from wind (internal or external), excess, a/or heat.
Eye pain, strain, redness, swelling, itching, twitching, blurry vision, etc.
Myopia, color blindness, night blindness.
Glaucoma, optic nerv…
- ViewBamboo Gathering (UB 2) - Local point for sinus congestion a/or headache.
Red, itchy, watery eyes - allergies.
Use in facial massage for headaches with GB 20, ST 8, LI 4, and UB 60.
Glaucoma, night blindness, blurry and/or weak vision.
Generally, needle towards…
- ViewEyebrow Ascension (UB 3) - Local point for headaches, nasal obstruction.
Epilepsy, agitation of the heart (possibly resulting in mania or excessive giddiness).
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
LI 4, Taiyang, GB 20, SI 17
- ViewGreat Sun (EX TAIYANG) - Temporal, one-sided a/or migraine headaches.
Eye issues - pain, swelling, redness, photophobia, visual acuity.
Local point for tootache, facial paralysis, pain, etc.
Classically mentioned in the Ode of the Jade Dragon for swelling of th…
- ViewWind Pool (GB 20) -
Dispel Exterior or Interior Wind - (exterior) - fever/chills, stiff neck; (internal) - paralysis, twitching, tremors, numbness, dizziness, vertigo.
All issues of the head, brain (seizures, memory, mental/neurological disorders), …
- ViewUnion Valley (LI 4) - Releases the exterior for wind-cold or wind-heat syndromes
Strengthens the wei qi, improves immunity
Regulates the sweat glands, for excessive sweating tonify LI 4 then disperse KD 7 and vice versa.
Any problem on the face - sense organ…
- ViewCelestial Countenance (SI 17) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat.
Chest oppression, wheezing, cough, asthma.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing Sys…