Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Multiple System Atrophy
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing multiple system atrophy. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
SI 16, Tiandong, TH 17, UB 9, Ouch Point
- ViewSky Movement (EX TIAN DONG) - Note: This point is not a standard acupuncture point, it was developed by Master Tam for use within the Tam Healing System.Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery. Useful for alzheimer's, b…
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- ViewWind Screen (TH 17) - Wind problems deriving from internal or external sources, Bell's palsy.
Ear problems, tinnitus, deafness, acute earache due to wind cold
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
GV 17, GV 20, ST 36, LI 4
- ViewBrain's Door (GV 17) -
Neck/Cervical issues, pain a/or stiffness of the neck, heaviness of the head, headache, dizziness.
Epilepsy, mania, lockjaw, loss of voice.
Eye pain, excessive lacrimation.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect …
- ViewHundred Convergences (GV 20) - Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD…
- ViewUnion Valley (LI 4) - Releases the exterior for wind-cold or wind-heat syndromes
Strengthens the wei qi, improves immunity
Regulates the sweat glands, for excessive sweating tonify LI 4 then disperse KD 7 and vice versa.
Any problem on the face - sense organ…
- ViewLeg Three Li (ST 36) - Tonify deficient Qi a/or Blood.
Tonify Wei Qi and Qi overall - low immunity, chronic illness, poor digestion, general weakness, particularly with moxibustion, very important acupuncture point for building and maintaining overall health.