Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Premenstrual Syndrome (Pms)
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing premenstrual syndrome (pms). The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T4 huatuo, T7 huauto, GV 22, GB 13, SI 16, L2 huatuo
- ViewSides of Spine at L2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L2) - L2 innervates and influences the kidneys and kidney system in Chinese Medicine terms, the seminal vesicles in men and the uterine tube in women. The kidney system involves the thyroid, the sex hormones, the bone and bone marrow, according…
- ViewSides of Spine at T4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T4) - T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, …
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewRoot Spirit (GB 13) -
Regulate Liver/GallBladder, Clear Wind, Calm the Mind.
Stiff Neck, Headache.
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
CV 4, CV 17, SP 6, SP 10, KD 1
- ViewOrigin Pass (CV 4) - Generally, useful for deficiencies of Yin, Yang, Qi & Blood.
Main point for tonifying Prenatal Qi - exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatigue/diseases.
Main point for Kidney deficiencies of Qi, Jing a/or Yang - low back pain, bone disord…
- ViewChest Center (CV 17) - Main point for tonification of the upper warmer.
Hui Meeting Point of the Qi - tonify and move the Qi of the body.
Chronic lung issues - cough, asthma, SOB, diaphragmatic pain.
Breast issues - insufficient lactation, mastitis.
- ViewGushing Spring (KD 1) - Descends excess from above, useful for LV Yang Rising or LV Fire - headaches, tinnitus, hypertension, epilepsy.
Cooling KD empty heat - chronic sore throat, dry mouth, low back pain.
Tonify KD/HT Yin - insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, po…
- ViewThree Yin Intersection (SP 6) - Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
Bleeding disorders, ute…
- ViewSea of Blood (SP 10) - Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/…