Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Psoriasis
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing psoriasis. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Psoriasis may involve patterns such as -
heat in the blood,
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T4 huatuo, T7 huatuo (Right), GV 22, UB 6, TH 16, GB 8
- ViewSides of Spine at T4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T4) - T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, …
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewCelestial Window (TH 16) - Local Point.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the occipital artery and the vertebral artery. Useful for occipital issues, glaucoma, etc.
Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the T…
- ViewLight Guard (UB 6) - Local point generally for headaches and vision issues - clears heat and wind.
Headaches particularly with visual dizziness.
Visual issues - blurry vision.
Wind-heat conditions when there is no sweating - vomiting, nasal discharge, etc.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
GV 20, LI 11, SP 10, TH 17, KD 3
- ViewHundred Convergences (GV 20) - Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD…
- ViewGreat Ravine (KD 3) - Tonify KD Qi, Yin or Yang Deficiencies from any etiology.
Asthma from KD Deficiency - difficulty inhaling.
Tonifies Yin of KD (chronic sore throat, empty heat), LV (dizziness, tinnitus, headache) a/or HT (anxiety, insomnia, excessive dre…
- ViewPool at the Bend (LI 11) - Reduction of high fevers, patients with the 4 bigs, combine with LI 1, LI 2 or LI 4.
Damp Heat skin diseases, red, itchy, oozing & inflamed (hives, herpes zoster, acne), may be used with UB 40 for any skin disease.
ST Excess Issues, …
- ViewSea of Blood (SP 10) - Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/…
- ViewWind Screen (TH 17) - Wind problems deriving from internal or external sources, Bell's palsy.
Ear problems, tinnitus, deafness, acute earache due to wind cold