Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Rosacea
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing rosacea. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Rosacea may involve patterns such as -
heart blood deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C3 huatuo, UB 9, GV 17, LI 18, GB 8
- ViewSides of Spine at C3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C3) - C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Re…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewBrain's Door (GV 17) -
Neck/Cervical issues, pain a/or stiffness of the neck, heaviness of the head, headache, dizziness.
Epilepsy, mania, lockjaw, loss of voice.
Eye pain, excessive lacrimation.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect …
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
T7 huatuo, T8 huatuo, SP 10, LI 4, Ouch Point
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewSides of Spine at T8 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T8) - T8 (Left) innervates the esophagus and is used for conditions such as reflux and a range of digestive issues worsened by poor diet and drinking too many fluids with meals. Also useful as support points for leg and foot problems.
- ViewUnion Valley (LI 4) - Releases the exterior for wind-cold or wind-heat syndromes
Strengthens the wei qi, improves immunity
Regulates the sweat glands, for excessive sweating tonify LI 4 then disperse KD 7 and vice versa.
Any problem on the face - sense organ…
- ViewSea of Blood (SP 10) - Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/…