Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Sore Throat
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing sore throat. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C5 huatuo, C6 huatuo, GB 8, GB 9
- ViewSides of Spine at C5 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C5) - C5 innervates the areas of the larynx and pharynx, area is used for cough, tonsilitis, asthma, neck pain, snoring (often with C3 huatuo), vocal issues (loss of voice, etc.).
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Ther…
- ViewSides of Spine at C6 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C6) - C6 innervates the thyroid gland and is used for a range of thyroid issues - hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, etc. Also used locally for problems down in the arm and hands, shoulder pain, carpal tunnel, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Heal…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewCelestial Hub (GB 9) - Local Point, usually for headache
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
LI 4, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, Ouch Point
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewUnion Valley (LI 4) - Releases the exterior for wind-cold or wind-heat syndromes
Strengthens the wei qi, improves immunity
Regulates the sweat glands, for excessive sweating tonify LI 4 then disperse KD 7 and vice versa.
Any problem on the face - sense organ…