Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Vertigo
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing vertigo. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C1 huatuo, C2 huatuo, C3 huatuo, SI 16, UB 9, GB 12
- ViewSides of Spine at C1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C1) - C1 innervates the top of the head and is an important juncture between the brain and body. Affects the parietal lobe, sensory and motor areas of the brain.
If patient has predominately left sided problems, then the right side of C1 wil…
- ViewSides of Spine at C2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C2) - C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe use…
- ViewSides of Spine at C3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C3) - C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Re…
- ViewCompletion Bone (GB 12) - Dispel exterior & interior wind from the head - tinnitus, tremors in the head, occipital headache, neck rotation ROM issues.
Regulates and calms the spirit - insomnia
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
LI 17, GV 17, GV 20, LV 3
- ViewBrain's Door (GV 17) -
Neck/Cervical issues, pain a/or stiffness of the neck, heaviness of the head, headache, dizziness.
Epilepsy, mania, lockjaw, loss of voice.
Eye pain, excessive lacrimation.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect …
- ViewHundred Convergences (GV 20) - Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD…
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
- ViewGreat Surge (LV 3) - Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
Menstrual issues from D…