Acupressure for Bladder prolapse

forum post

Acupressure for Bladder prolapse

Published on 01-14-2016

"kamia" - this is their first post.

Hi everyone,

I have been diagnosed with bladder prolapse (Cystocele) post childbirth (3 months ago) and have continuous rectal pressure as well. My episiotomy hasn’t healed either and all in all painful and uncomfortable to stand and walk.

I was wondering if there is acupressure points to help with bladder prolapse and rectal pressure. I understand from searching online that prolapse is result of sinking Qi (spleen related). Is/are there any points that I can use to help cure myself.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: cv 4, cv 6, gv 20, kd 27, li 10, lv 5, st 13

Formulas: ba zhen wan, bu zhong yi qi wan

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Jan 2016

Acupressure generally will not be strong enough for this condition. The best outcome would come from a combination of acupuncture, moxibustion (see “What is Moxibustion”) and Chinese herbal medicine (the exact points and herbs would depend a little on your overall health). Treatment would -generally- involve points such as GV 20, KD 27, ST 13, CV 4, CV 6, LV 5, ST 36, LI 10, with acupuncture and/or moxibustion on most of them. Proper herbal formulas would vary with each patient, but would likely be something along the lines of bu zhong yi qi wan, or ba zhen wan - but there are many other possibilities. This is a very commonly treated condition and generally responds well, so I would recommend you find a practitioner in your area and see them for about 6-15 treatments.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics