Acupuncture and mind

forum post

Acupuncture and mind

Published on 10-27-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if somebody knows which acupuncture's points can be used for stimulate a mental and muscular deep relaxation for really stressed patient?

Thank you very much for your help, my best to you

gr8

This post has the following associations:

Issues/Symptoms: anxiety

Patterns: heart yin deficiency, liver qi stagnation

Acupoints: ex yintang, gb 13, lv 3

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "Sigmatomo"
    on Oct 2014

Hi Chad,

thank you very much to coming back to me and for the informations. There are very usefull!

However, I am sorry but I have not been so specific in my question: I would like to use these points not to resolve anxiety and stress as pathology, but to help patient really stressed to:

- reach a particular state of whole relaxation during a hypnotherapy session

- to &#39&#39forcing&#39&#39 the relaxation during the induction or to calm down the patient if during a session he was too emotionally involved

I hope that you understand my question, I apology for my english :)

My best to you,

gr8

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Oct 2014

There are many. But you always want to treat the patients true diagnosis. In short, the fact that you perceive the patient as "stressed" is irrelevant in TCM terms. What is relevant is if they have liver qi stagnation, heart yin deficiency or one of many other patterns that could lead to what one might call stress and/or restlessness.

Useful items:

Our Acupuncture protocol page for anxiety - this has many of the relevant patterns and possible treatment point ideas.

Our conditions page for anxiety has a list of possible relevant points near the bottom of the page "acupuncture points for anxiety".

So diagnosis is the most important. If you are asking for general points - we find GB 13 a very useful point for this type of mental restlessness and yintang is also quite commonly used (overused in my opinion, but again, diagnosis is key).

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Oct 2014

Acupuncture doesn&#39t really work like that. That is it is not a "point" to "condition" modality. Rather you treat the pattern. So long story short -- what might serve as a relaxing point to one patient, might be stimulating or counterproductive in other ways to another. So the initial diagnosis is key.

That said, try the points I mentioned as they tend to be more universally used. LV 3 would be another one.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics