Herbs That Clear Heat And Dry Dampness - Herbal Functional Grouping (9 herbs)
Herbs That Clear Heat And Dry Dampness General Introduction
- For damp-heat patterns with dysenteric disorders, urinary difficulty or pain, jaundice, furuncles, eczema.
- Bitter and cold - clear heat and drain dampness; Avoid in cases of stomach and/or spleen deficiency.
- Often combined with herbs that drain fire and those that clear heat and relieve toxicity.
Herbs That Clear Heat And Dry Dampness Section Summary / Study Notes
- Huang Qin, Huang Lian, Huang Bai - similar.
- Huang Qin - most effective in treating upper jiao, but also is used to calm restless fetus and liver yang rising.
- Huang Lian - for middle jiao issues.
- Huang Bai - for lower jiao issues.
- Hu Huang Lian:
- Inexpensive substitute for Huang Lian.
- Commonly used for fever due to yin deficiency and for childhood nutritional impairment.
- Clears damp-heat.
- Drains fire and is used for steaming bone disorder due to lingering heat.