Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Abdominal Pain
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing abdominal pain. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Abdominal Pain may involve patterns such as -
stomach food stagnation,
stomach qi deficiency,
stomach rebellious qi
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
TH 20, LI 18, T7 huatuo, L1 huatuo, L2 huatuo, L3 huatuo, Ouch Point
- ViewSides of Spine at L1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L1) - L1 innervates and influences the adrenal gland, the testis or the vagina areas. It is used for a range of hormonal issues including menstrual issues, PMS, fertility issues, sexual issues, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing Sys…
- ViewSides of Spine at L2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L2) - L2 innervates and influences the kidneys and kidney system in Chinese Medicine terms, the seminal vesicles in men and the uterine tube in women. The kidney system involves the thyroid, the sex hormones, the bone and bone marrow, according…
- ViewSides of Spine at L3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L3) - L3 innverates the prostate in men and the ovaries in women. In women, then, this point may help with a range of ovarian issues - cancer, fertility and/or menstrual issues, cysts, etc. In men this point can be very helpful for prostate pr…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewAngle Vertex (TH 20) - Local Point.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
S2 huatuo, S3 huatuo, S4 huatuo, SP 6, LV 3, CV 4
- ViewOrigin Pass (CV 4) - Generally, useful for deficiencies of Yin, Yang, Qi & Blood.
Main point for tonifying Prenatal Qi - exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatigue/diseases.
Main point for Kidney deficiencies of Qi, Jing a/or Yang - low back pain, bone disord…
- ViewSides of Spine at S2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT S2) - S2 influences the bladder and is used for a range of bladder issues, such as blood in the urine, or burning, as well as women's issues and reproductive issues.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be n…
- ViewSides of Spine at S3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT S3) - S3 influences the external genitalia and is used for pain in the reproductive organs or other issues, genital pain, PMS, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or …
- ViewSides of Spine at S4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT S4) - S4 influences the urinary tract and is used for a range of urinary disorders.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
- ViewGreat Surge (LV 3) - Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
Menstrual issues from D…
- ViewThree Yin Intersection (SP 6) - Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
Bleeding disorders, ute…