Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Allergies
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing allergies. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Allergies may involve patterns such as -
lung wind invasion - wind cold,
lung wind invasion - wind heat
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, T4 huatuo, LI 17, C1 huatuo, C2 huatuo, C3 huatuo
- ViewSides of Spine at C1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C1) - C1 innervates the top of the head and is an important juncture between the brain and body. Affects the parietal lobe, sensory and motor areas of the brain.
If patient has predominately left sided problems, then the right side of C1 wil…
- ViewSides of Spine at C2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C2) - C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe use…
- ViewSides of Spine at C3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C3) - C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Re…
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewSides of Spine at T4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T4) - T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, …
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
T7 huatuo, Yintang, LI 4, LI 18, KD 26
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewHall of Seal (EX YINTANG) -
Calms the spirit - insomnia, anxiety, stress.
Sinus issues - congestion, sinusitis.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Eye and sinus issues, useful point for building the energy in the head during qi gong.…
- ViewLively Center (KD 26) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing - useful for phlegm stagnation.
Digestive issues, nausea, vomiting - harmonizes stomach.
Steaming Bone Disorder.
- ViewUnion Valley (LI 4) - Releases the exterior for wind-cold or wind-heat syndromes
Strengthens the wei qi, improves immunity
Regulates the sweat glands, for excessive sweating tonify LI 4 then disperse KD 7 and vice versa.
Any problem on the face - sense organ…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …