Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Aplastic Anemia
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing aplastic anemia. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Aplastic Anemia may involve patterns such as -
heat in the blood,
spleen blood deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T7 huatuo, GV 22, GV 23, UB 6, UB 7
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewUpper Star (GV 23) - Main point for nose problems, nasal congestion, rhinitis, nasal polyps, sinus headache.
Eye/Vision issues - shortsightedness, visual dizziness, painful/red eyes.
Psychological issues, primarily with wind derived mania s…
- ViewLight Guard (UB 6) - Local point generally for headaches and vision issues - clears heat and wind.
Headaches particularly with visual dizziness.
Visual issues - blurry vision.
Wind-heat conditions when there is no sweating - vomiting, nasal discharge, etc.
- ViewCelestial Connection (UB 7) - Clear wind and resolve the exterior - important point for sinus congestion, sinusitis, rhinitis, nosebleed, nasal polyps.
Loss of sense of smell.
Headaches and/or dizziness from wind and congestion.
Neck pain and stiffness, throat goite…
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
LI 17, LI 18, C1 huatuo, C2 huatuo, SP 10, LI 11, ST 21
- ViewSides of Spine at C1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C1) - C1 innervates the top of the head and is an important juncture between the brain and body. Affects the parietal lobe, sensory and motor areas of the brain.
If patient has predominately left sided problems, then the right side of C1 wil…
- ViewSides of Spine at C2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C2) - C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe use…
- ViewPool at the Bend (LI 11) - Reduction of high fevers, patients with the 4 bigs, combine with LI 1, LI 2 or LI 4.
Damp Heat skin diseases, red, itchy, oozing & inflamed (hives, herpes zoster, acne), may be used with UB 40 for any skin disease.
ST Excess Issues, …
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewSea of Blood (SP 10) - Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/…
- ViewBeam Gate (ST 21) - Tonifies Middle Warmer, assists CV 12.
Epigastric pain, accumulations of food in the abdomen a/or palpable masses, vomiting.
Diarrhea, poor appetite, anorexia.