Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Balanitis
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing balanitis. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Balanitis may involve patterns such as -
bladder damp heat,
large intestine damp heat
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, T7 huatuo, L1 huatuo, L2 huatuo, S3 huatuo, S4 huatuo, TH 20
- ViewSides of Spine at L1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L1) - L1 innervates and influences the adrenal gland, the testis or the vagina areas. It is used for a range of hormonal issues including menstrual issues, PMS, fertility issues, sexual issues, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing Sys…
- ViewSides of Spine at L2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L2) - L2 innervates and influences the kidneys and kidney system in Chinese Medicine terms, the seminal vesicles in men and the uterine tube in women. The kidney system involves the thyroid, the sex hormones, the bone and bone marrow, according…
- ViewSides of Spine at S3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT S3) - S3 influences the external genitalia and is used for pain in the reproductive organs or other issues, genital pain, PMS, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or …
- ViewSides of Spine at S4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT S4) - S4 influences the urinary tract and is used for a range of urinary disorders.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewAngle Vertex (TH 20) - Local Point.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
LI 18, TH 17, GV 22, UB 6
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewWind Screen (TH 17) - Wind problems deriving from internal or external sources, Bell's palsy.
Ear problems, tinnitus, deafness, acute earache due to wind cold
- ViewLight Guard (UB 6) - Local point generally for headaches and vision issues - clears heat and wind.
Headaches particularly with visual dizziness.
Visual issues - blurry vision.
Wind-heat conditions when there is no sweating - vomiting, nasal discharge, etc.