Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Blepharitis
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing blepharitis. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Blepharitis may involve patterns such as -
lung wind invasion - wind heat
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, SI 16, C3 huatuo, UB 1, UB 2
- ViewSides of Spine at C3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C3) - C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Re…
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- ViewBright Eyes (UB 1) - Main point for all eye disorders especially from wind (internal or external), excess, a/or heat.
Eye pain, strain, redness, swelling, itching, twitching, blurry vision, etc.
Myopia, color blindness, night blindness.
Glaucoma, optic nerv…
- ViewBamboo Gathering (UB 2) - Local point for sinus congestion a/or headache.
Red, itchy, watery eyes - allergies.
Use in facial massage for headaches with GB 20, ST 8, LI 4, and UB 60.
Glaucoma, night blindness, blurry and/or weak vision.
Generally, needle towards…
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
Yintang, Taiyang, Ouch Point
- ViewGreat Sun (EX TAIYANG) - Temporal, one-sided a/or migraine headaches.
Eye issues - pain, swelling, redness, photophobia, visual acuity.
Local point for tootache, facial paralysis, pain, etc.
Classically mentioned in the Ode of the Jade Dragon for swelling of th…
- ViewHall of Seal (EX YINTANG) -
Calms the spirit - insomnia, anxiety, stress.
Sinus issues - congestion, sinusitis.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Eye and sinus issues, useful point for building the energy in the head during qi gong.…