Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Diabetes Type I
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing diabetes type i. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
LI 18, T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, T7 huatuo (right), ST 12 (right)
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
T4 huatuo, KD 1, ST 21, KD 26
- ViewSides of Spine at T4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T4) - T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, …
- ViewGushing Spring (KD 1) - Descends excess from above, useful for LV Yang Rising or LV Fire - headaches, tinnitus, hypertension, epilepsy.
Cooling KD empty heat - chronic sore throat, dry mouth, low back pain.
Tonify KD/HT Yin - insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, po…
- ViewLively Center (KD 26) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing - useful for phlegm stagnation.
Digestive issues, nausea, vomiting - harmonizes stomach.
Steaming Bone Disorder.
- ViewBeam Gate (ST 21) - Tonifies Middle Warmer, assists CV 12.
Epigastric pain, accumulations of food in the abdomen a/or palpable masses, vomiting.
Diarrhea, poor appetite, anorexia.