Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Hashimoto's Disease
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing hashimoto's disease. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, C6 huatuo, C7 huatuo, SI 16, KD 26
- ViewSides of Spine at C6 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C6) - C6 innervates the thyroid gland and is used for a range of thyroid issues - hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, etc. Also used locally for problems down in the arm and hands, shoulder pain, carpal tunnel, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Heal…
- ViewSides of Spine at C7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C7) - C7 innervates the parathyroid gland and as it has a role in calcium utilization, this point is use dfor a range of bone problems, arthritis, bone spurs, osteoporosis, etc. Also used locally for problems down in the arm and hands, shoulder…
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewLively Center (KD 26) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing - useful for phlegm stagnation.
Digestive issues, nausea, vomiting - harmonizes stomach.
Steaming Bone Disorder.
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
T7 huatuo, KD 3, ST 9, ST 10, GV 22
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewGreat Ravine (KD 3) - Tonify KD Qi, Yin or Yang Deficiencies from any etiology.
Asthma from KD Deficiency - difficulty inhaling.
Tonifies Yin of KD (chronic sore throat, empty heat), LV (dizziness, tinnitus, headache) a/or HT (anxiety, insomnia, excessive dre…
- ViewMan's Prognosis (ST 9) - In ancient times the ST Qi was assessed by palpating the pulse here and at ST 42.
Regulation of Blood Pressure - lowering high blood pressure.
Sore throat, counterflow qi (vomiting), coughing, hiccups.
- ViewWater Prominence (ST 10) - Local point - swollen/sore throat, shortness of breath, goitre, scrofula.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the common carotid artery and the vagus nerve. Useful for issues such as high cholesterol, const…