Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Hiv
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing hiv - aids. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, T4 huatuo, T7 huatuo, GV 22, GB 13
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewSides of Spine at T4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T4) - T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, …
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewRoot Spirit (GB 13) -
Regulate Liver/GallBladder, Clear Wind, Calm the Mind.
Stiff Neck, Headache.
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
ST 21, SP 10, LI 11, ST 36, KD 26
- ViewLively Center (KD 26) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing - useful for phlegm stagnation.
Digestive issues, nausea, vomiting - harmonizes stomach.
Steaming Bone Disorder.
- ViewPool at the Bend (LI 11) - Reduction of high fevers, patients with the 4 bigs, combine with LI 1, LI 2 or LI 4.
Damp Heat skin diseases, red, itchy, oozing & inflamed (hives, herpes zoster, acne), may be used with UB 40 for any skin disease.
ST Excess Issues, …
- ViewSea of Blood (SP 10) - Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/…
- ViewBeam Gate (ST 21) - Tonifies Middle Warmer, assists CV 12.
Epigastric pain, accumulations of food in the abdomen a/or palpable masses, vomiting.
Diarrhea, poor appetite, anorexia.
- ViewLeg Three Li (ST 36) - Tonify deficient Qi a/or Blood.
Tonify Wei Qi and Qi overall - low immunity, chronic illness, poor digestion, general weakness, particularly with moxibustion, very important acupuncture point for building and maintaining overall health.