Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Infertility
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing infertility. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Infertility may involve patterns such as -
kidney jing deficiency,
kidney yang deficiency,
kidney yin deficiency,
liver qi stagnation,
spleen qi deficiency,
stomach qi deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
GV 22, GV 23, T7 huatuo, L1 huatuo, L3 huatuo, UB 6, CV 4
- ViewOrigin Pass (CV 4) - Generally, useful for deficiencies of Yin, Yang, Qi & Blood.
Main point for tonifying Prenatal Qi - exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatigue/diseases.
Main point for Kidney deficiencies of Qi, Jing a/or Yang - low back pain, bone disord…
- ViewSides of Spine at L1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L1) - L1 innervates and influences the adrenal gland, the testis or the vagina areas. It is used for a range of hormonal issues including menstrual issues, PMS, fertility issues, sexual issues, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing Sys…
- ViewSides of Spine at L3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L3) - L3 innverates the prostate in men and the ovaries in women. In women, then, this point may help with a range of ovarian issues - cancer, fertility and/or menstrual issues, cysts, etc. In men this point can be very helpful for prostate pr…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewUpper Star (GV 23) - Main point for nose problems, nasal congestion, rhinitis, nasal polyps, sinus headache.
Eye/Vision issues - shortsightedness, visual dizziness, painful/red eyes.
Psychological issues, primarily with wind derived mania s…
- ViewLight Guard (UB 6) - Local point generally for headaches and vision issues - clears heat and wind.
Headaches particularly with visual dizziness.
Visual issues - blurry vision.
Wind-heat conditions when there is no sweating - vomiting, nasal discharge, etc.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
S2 huatuo, S3 huatuo, SP 6, SP 10, TH 17
- ViewSides of Spine at S2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT S2) - S2 influences the bladder and is used for a range of bladder issues, such as blood in the urine, or burning, as well as women's issues and reproductive issues.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be n…
- ViewSides of Spine at S3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT S3) - S3 influences the external genitalia and is used for pain in the reproductive organs or other issues, genital pain, PMS, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or …
- ViewThree Yin Intersection (SP 6) - Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
Bleeding disorders, ute…
- ViewSea of Blood (SP 10) - Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/…
- ViewWind Screen (TH 17) - Wind problems deriving from internal or external sources, Bell's palsy.
Ear problems, tinnitus, deafness, acute earache due to wind cold