Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Raynaud's Disease
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing raynaud's disease. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Raynaud'S Disease may involve patterns such as -
liver and gallbladder damp heat,
liver blood stagnation,
liver qi stagnation
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
GB 16, GB 17, T5 huatuo, T7 huauto, UB 9, LI 17, LI 18
- ViewSides of Spine at T5 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T5) - T5 influences the heart and pericardium systems - in the tam healing system the left side is more for heart issues and the right is more for pericardium issues. A range of psychoemotional issues, depression, anxiety, etc. as well as cardi…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewEye Windows (GB 16) - Local Point.
- ViewUpright Construction (GB 17) - Clears Heat and Regulates the Gallbladder.
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
T4 huatuo, Tiandong, SP 10, LI 11, GV 17
- ViewSides of Spine at T4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T4) - T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, …
- ViewSky Movement (EX TIAN DONG) - Note: This point is not a standard acupuncture point, it was developed by Master Tam for use within the Tam Healing System.Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery. Useful for alzheimer's, b…
- ViewBrain's Door (GV 17) -
Neck/Cervical issues, pain a/or stiffness of the neck, heaviness of the head, headache, dizziness.
Epilepsy, mania, lockjaw, loss of voice.
Eye pain, excessive lacrimation.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect …
- ViewPool at the Bend (LI 11) - Reduction of high fevers, patients with the 4 bigs, combine with LI 1, LI 2 or LI 4.
Damp Heat skin diseases, red, itchy, oozing & inflamed (hives, herpes zoster, acne), may be used with UB 40 for any skin disease.
ST Excess Issues, …
- ViewSea of Blood (SP 10) - Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/…