Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Tremor
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing tremor. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Tremor may involve patterns such as -
kidney yin deficiency,
liver and gallbladder damp heat,
liver yin deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C1 huatuo, TH 16, UB 7, UB 8, UB 9, GV 20
- ViewSides of Spine at C1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C1) - C1 innervates the top of the head and is an important juncture between the brain and body. Affects the parietal lobe, sensory and motor areas of the brain.
If patient has predominately left sided problems, then the right side of C1 wil…
- ViewHundred Convergences (GV 20) - Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD…
- ViewCelestial Window (TH 16) - Local Point.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the occipital artery and the vertebral artery. Useful for occipital issues, glaucoma, etc.
Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the T…
- ViewCelestial Connection (UB 7) - Clear wind and resolve the exterior - important point for sinus congestion, sinusitis, rhinitis, nosebleed, nasal polyps.
Loss of sense of smell.
Headaches and/or dizziness from wind and congestion.
Neck pain and stiffness, throat goite…
- ViewDeclining Connection (UB 8) - Resolve phlegm and clear wind - nasal congestion, blurry vision, dizziness, tinnitus.
Calms the shen - a range of psychological conditions including depression, mania, withdrawal from lack of ability of the shen to rise.
Useful for remov…
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
SI 16, Tiandong, GV 19, Ouch Point
- ViewSky Movement (EX TIAN DONG) - Note: This point is not a standard acupuncture point, it was developed by Master Tam for use within the Tam Healing System.Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery. Useful for alzheimer's, b…
- ViewBehind the Vertex (GV 19) -
Headaches, vertigo, dizziness, neck pain, aversion to wind.
Insomnia, psychological issues primarily with manic symptoms, epilepsy.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to stimulate the sensory cortex (sensations from skin, mu…
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.