Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Cerebral Palsy
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing cerebral palsy. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Cerebral Palsy may involve patterns such as -
kidney jing deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C1 huatuo, C2 huatuo, T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, TH 16, LI 17
- ViewSides of Spine at C1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C1) - C1 innervates the top of the head and is an important juncture between the brain and body. Affects the parietal lobe, sensory and motor areas of the brain.
If patient has predominately left sided problems, then the right side of C1 wil…
- ViewSides of Spine at C2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C2) - C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe use…
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
- ViewCelestial Window (TH 16) - Local Point.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the occipital artery and the vertebral artery. Useful for occipital issues, glaucoma, etc.
Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the T…
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
UB 7, UB 8, UB 9, GV 20, GV 19, GB 17
- ViewUpright Construction (GB 17) - Clears Heat and Regulates the Gallbladder.
- ViewBehind the Vertex (GV 19) -
Headaches, vertigo, dizziness, neck pain, aversion to wind.
Insomnia, psychological issues primarily with manic symptoms, epilepsy.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to stimulate the sensory cortex (sensations from skin, mu…
- ViewHundred Convergences (GV 20) - Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD…
- ViewCelestial Connection (UB 7) - Clear wind and resolve the exterior - important point for sinus congestion, sinusitis, rhinitis, nosebleed, nasal polyps.
Loss of sense of smell.
Headaches and/or dizziness from wind and congestion.
Neck pain and stiffness, throat goite…
- ViewDeclining Connection (UB 8) - Resolve phlegm and clear wind - nasal congestion, blurry vision, dizziness, tinnitus.
Calms the shen - a range of psychological conditions including depression, mania, withdrawal from lack of ability of the shen to rise.
Useful for remov…
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …