Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Addiction
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing addictions (drugs). The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
GB 8, GB 13 (Right), C2 huatuo (Right), SI 16, TH17
- ViewSides of Spine at C2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C2) - C2 innervates the forehead and the frontal lobe. The relationship with the Broca's speech area left side of C2 may be used for speech disorders such as stuttering or post-stroke asphasia.
Due to the relationship with the frontal lobe use…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewRoot Spirit (GB 13) -
Regulate Liver/GallBladder, Clear Wind, Calm the Mind.
Stiff Neck, Headache.
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- ViewWind Screen (TH 17) - Wind problems deriving from internal or external sources, Bell's palsy.
Ear problems, tinnitus, deafness, acute earache due to wind cold
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
T9 huatuo (Right), T5 huatuo (Left), LV 3, Yintang, CV 6
- ViewSea of Qi (CV 6) -
Generally, useful for Qi tonification.
Women's health - hernia, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation / cramps), amenorrhea, leukorrhea.
Men's health - impotence, seminal emission, nig…
- ViewSides of Spine at T5 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T5) - T5 influences the heart and pericardium systems - in the tam healing system the left side is more for heart issues and the right is more for pericardium issues. A range of psychoemotional issues, depression, anxiety, etc. as well as cardi…
- ViewSides of Spine at T9 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T9) - T9 (Left) innervates the stomach and is used for a range of digestive issues including gas, bloating, ulcers and heartburn as well as stomach cancer.
T9 (Right) innervates the liver and is used for a range of physical liver as well as liv…
- ViewHall of Seal (EX YINTANG) -
Calms the spirit - insomnia, anxiety, stress.
Sinus issues - congestion, sinusitis.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Eye and sinus issues, useful point for building the energy in the head during qi gong.…
- ViewGreat Surge (LV 3) - Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
Menstrual issues from D…